Every month, we share another one of Betties favorite recipes. This month’s recipe is a delicious Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. Yum!
- 3 Whole Red Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ Cup Half & Half
- ½ Pound Cooked Rotini Pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Flaked or Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley (Garnish)
- Boil pasta in generously salted water.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place red peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until black and charred, turning as least once.
- Remove from oven and seal in a Ziplock bag for 10 minutes. Remove from the bag and remove skins and seeds.
- Puree roasted peppers in a food processor and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook onions for 2-5 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add cream and pureed red peppers and stir.
- Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta and sauce. Serve garnished with parsley and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.