Showing your employees that you appreciate them should not just be an item on the agenda but a top priority. Recognizing your employees is crucial because they work hard for you every day. It can also be beneficial for you, increasing workplace morale thus an increase in productivity.
In addition, it builds a loyal team that feels confident to take on more difficult and daunting tasks. Plus, its easy. Showing appreciation to your team doesn’t have to be a big, expensive production. For Example, Back Office Betties appreciates our employees by:
- Offering a $15 an hour minimum wage.
- Creating “Flow Time” for our team to unplug and relax by listening to music and taking time out to recharge.
- Providing a beautiful office fund every year so employees can buy something for their desk, office, etc. (making it their ‘space’).
However, there is a ton of different ways to show your employees you care about them – be creative! Here are a few ideas that you can explore implementing into your business:
- Ask for employee feedback by offering a survey. This will tell them that their voice matters and that they are being heard. It also shows them that you as a leader want to meet their needs and provide the best work environment as possible.
- Allow them to take extra breaks or longer lunches.
- Organize a team service project for an organization of your employees’ choice. This is a great way to not only give back to your employees but give back to the community!
- Simply tell your employees how grateful you are for their hard work in person or through a handwritten letter/card.
These are just a few of so many easy and creative ways to show your employees that you care about them. Never shy away from opportunities to show employee appreciation, you will find that it is very rewarding for them to hear! Even more so, it’s gratifying for you too!
–Back Office Betties