Want a massive social following in your business? Who wouldn’t!
Back Office Betties had the great pleasure of reading One Million Followers by Brendan Kane and we just had to share it with all of you! Kane gives great insight on how to take advantage of many different social media platforms. His growth hacks for your business and your brand make this book a must read.
This book has a wealth of knowledge! Here are our top 5 take-a-ways pertaining to Facebook:
- Facebook is used to share more content than email or any other online social platform. No matter how many followers you have, Facebook only shows content to 2-5% of your audience. What’s the determining factor? How engaging and relevant your content is. Your content must resonate with your audience.
- Create ads specifically to get more likes/followers on your page. Be careful not to limit your demographics when testing ads. A great example was given about Chatbooks in the book. They wanted to target mom’s 45 years or older who liked scrap-booking, photography, and motherhood in a Mother’s Day ad. Instead of age targeting, they used a broad range on age and found that younger people were sharing the ads with their moms to start a conversation. This in turn created an organic reach to the intended demographic.
- Have a great headline with a great hook point. Ask yourself, if your potential customer is walking down the street and passes a newsstand with 100 articles, what headline would they stop to read? It should be relevant, interesting, and meet the needs of your audience.
- If you do ads on Facebook, do not raise the spend limit if the ad is doing well. Facebook will reset the cost in auction and your costs will increase. Instead, duplicate the ad and create a new one. It’s recommended to have a budget of $11 to $25 daily on ads. For the most part, your page ads should not cost more than $0.10 per ‘like’.
- Use the 80/20 rule when posting. Make sure 80% of the time your content is share worthy and 20% of the time your asking for a sale or promoting your business.
Believe us when we say this is just the tip of the iceberg on all the information given. It also features in-depth interviews from marketing experts, celebrities, and influencers. This book could be helpful taking your firm to the next level you’ve been wanting!