https://backofficebetties.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Betties-Logo-300x86-1.png 0 0 Emily https://backofficebetties.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Betties-Logo-300x86-1.png Emily2021-08-02 20:59:442022-03-01 13:40:37Betties’ Favorite Recipe: Italian Chickpea Salad
- 1 16 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. minced red onion
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Drain liquid and rinse chickpeas thoroughly
- Place chickpeas on 2-3 sheets of connected paper towels.
- Fold paper towels over chickpeas, pick up with your hands, and gently maneuver the chickpeas in a rubbing motion (make sure not to crush them!) for about 30s to release the skins.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Enjoy on crostini or as a side to your favorite dish.